Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Proposal

Ben and I have been talking about marriage for a few weeks now, and he decided to propose the Saturday before Easter. We had only slept about 3 hours the night before, but we were up bright and early to have a pancake breakfast with the family. While I was perfecting my guitar hero skills, Ben disappeared. I was called outside and told to follow the path of rose petals. I followed to the park where Ben was waiting. He proposed to me Saturday morning with my mother's engagement ring. I quickly accepted when a bunch of people started cheering and clapping (there was an Easter egg hunt going on).T

We spent the rest of the day running around enjoying each other’s company. We checked out a possible venue, did a bit of shopping, and went to a late lunch with my parents. We decided to go to the Temple to see the Easter Pageant that night. We wanted to have a small picnic, so we stopped by Trader Joe's to pick up the essentials. When we got back into the car, Ben told me that we had one more stop to make before going to the Temple. I was blindfolded as Ben drove to our mystery destination. When we arrived I was told to not take off the blindfold until I received the call. It is pretty crazy to sit in a car when you don't know where you are and can hear the commotion of what sounded like skateboards and men's voices all around. Not to mention I had no idea what area we were in or how Ben knew his way around Arizona. Luckily, it was Freestone Park. I finally received the call and saw a note card on the dash. Each note had a reason why he loved me and clue leading me to the next card. I found most the cards pretty easily but there was one that was kind of hard. Ben, sensing I was lost, called and gave me a hint. By the time I finished it was pretty dark. I had to walk around the other side of the lake to find Ben standing on a hill with candles lit. He got down on one knee and proposed (again) with the ring he bought for me. It was such a beautiful engagement with a beautiful ring.

We ended the night hand in hand watching the Pageant at the place where we will be married for time and all eternity. It was an amazing day. Oh yeah, we topped it off with Bahama Bucks (the best shaved ice in the world).

5 comments:

  1. I loved your proposal story. How romantic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful proposal story! I know you guys will be very happy. CONGRATS to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! omg!! I can't believe its official. Ben is so amazing and soooo romantic!!! Your lucky you found such a good catch (Im so jealous!!) How is he sooo amazing? I honestly can't believe that a guy like this exists. His proposal was soooooo amazing. I honestly can't believe that he did that, im sooo impressed. Im soooo happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so sweet! And it sounds just like Ben!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to both of you! I am thrilled that Ben is going to be joining our family. Grandma M.E.

    ReplyDelete