Wednesday, January 6, 2010

6 months later... A synopsis

I know it has been a very long time but I will try to catch up on things that I missed. First, I want to mention that I used the effects on my pictures in my headings from this website http://coffeeteaphotography.blogspot.com.

Let's start from the beginning...

In July we went up to Minnesota for the fourth of July to visit Ben's family and to say goodbye to everyone before we left the Midwest. We had a lot of fun and got to go out on Gerry and Kristen's boat. That was a blast! We had tons of fun tubing and water-skiing.

We also celebrated our 1 year anniversary in July. We didn't do anything too extravagant. We went downtown to this supposed hole in the wall, diamond in the rough sort of place. It was actually a grungy bar that doubles as a secret and amazing seafood restaurant on the North side of Chicago. It is in a basement lit with Christmas lights, and they served lollipops with all the orders. It was a great adventure. Afterward we walked along Lakeshore Dr and watched the Navy Pier fireworks. I thought I had a picture of the restaurant, but I guess not. We also ate our cake. It almost tasted the same, but then it just didn't. I never want to eat year old anything that has not been heavily processed and packaged/canned again. Fortunately, I was able to enjoy shoving the cake in Ben's face.

My friends and I went out so that I could say goodbye to Chicago. We did Sushi in Hyde Park, visited the Hancock building, and dessert at the Grand Lux Cafe. Here are some pictures from the night:
cur



I also took pictures of a few places on campus before we left.






We packed up and left for Arizona at the end of July. One of my friends came along so that she could make her way to California. The initial months in AZ were a bit tumultuous. A lot things happened that I am slowly erasing from my memory. Eventually things settled down and Ben and I both got jobs. Around the end of September we moved into our own beautiful apartment. It is almost twice the size of our last apartment and I still can't get over the fact that I can open the fridge all the way without hitting the counter on the opposite side. Here are some pics I took on the trip to AZ:





Now you are all caught up! Well, at least until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment